Monday, February 1, 2016

Staying, Shoes, and Sense of Peace

Cari Amici e Famiglia,

To start out we got transfer calls and Anziano Borner and I are staying together a third transfer!  We were a little surprised because there were so many changes in the mission and we haven't ever done a
third transfer with a companion.  I'm happy though because it is pretty sure now that I will finish in Cosenza.  This week was pretty good.

We got some good work done both with investigators and members. After a lesson one night we went to get dinner with a member and investigator at a traditional food place on the hill.  I think I ate
the best roast chicken that I have ever eaten in my life.  It was so good.  We also went to get my shoes fixed because they were starting to smile (sole was coming off).  We went to a guy we know and talked a little bit about religious stuff because he is a big evangelist I think.  Then I mentioned my shoes and he told me immediately to give them to him.  He then glues the soles back on and stitches them up with a shoe stitcher machine.  Afterwards he gave them a nice shine. They were like new.  He then shined up my comp's shoes and with tears in his eyes he quoted the scripture, How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace;
that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
He is an awesome guy.

Today I was saddened to hear the tragic news of my friend Brad's passing.  I pray that his family may receive comfort, strength, and peace to cope with such a big loss.  After reading the news and being overcome with grief, I began to pray and a few scriptures came to my mind.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

And then from the Book of Mormon Ether 12:4 Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God. These scriptures brought me a sense of peace and I know that these words are true.

Anziano Packer B Blazzard







No comments:

Post a Comment