Monday, June 1, 2015

Week 55 - Rome, Italy

Amici e Famiglia,

It has been a little crazy of a week leaving Bari and coming to Rome.  Things aren't settling down either this week as we have capi conference and zone conference. We have to prepare a lot of things for zone conference and write up a training for the missionaries.  Anyways last monday we did email, ate a pizza with raw ham on it, and then went to the park to play basketball and football.  Then we had a few lessons down in a park and I bought my train ticket for Rome.  The next day we had our final district meeting before transfers and then we had a bunch of lessons and English course.  The next day we had a few lessons and I packed my bags.  We also started teaching this family of 7.  The next day we had a lesson and then we went to the train station with the senior couple in their car.  While there one of my investigators showed up and gave me a bunch of chocolate for the trip.  We then left at 1 and we arrived at 5 in Rome.  I met up with my companion Anz. Palazzo (awesome guy that went to BYU, is from Texas, and worked at a gym beforehand) and then we took the metro (subway) to our area which is southeast Rome (Torre Maura).  We then went to the church which is an old jail (I will have to take pictures next time I go).  The next day we planned and then went to Termini in the middle of Rome to meet up with some return missionaries who had served in Rome 3 for lunch.  They had met in the mission and then gotten married afterwards.  I ate this pasta stuff and then we went to the mission office to go to an ipad training.  They gave us ipads and instructed us on how to train our zones how to set them up.  We then went to a lesson and had a meal with a family.  We had Peruvian food which consisted of potatoes and cheese sauce stuff, chicken and rice, and then gelato.  It was really good. The next day we went to the church to do a lesson with a guy that will probably be baptized this week.  Then we had correlation, went to a baptism, and had another lesson.  The next day we went to church and then afterwards drove with a member out into the country south of Rome to give a lady the sacrament. Afterwards we ate lunch and finish some planning and prepared our zone conference training.  Today we will go around the city and I will try to take some pictures.


Anz. Blazzard

No comments:

Post a Comment