Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Week 33 - Trapani, Sicily, Italy

I'm writing this email from an internet point in Palermo because tonight we are doing a district blitz in Bagheria.  Earlier we played soccer at a small enclosed field with turf here in Palermo which was pretty fun.  It got pretty competitive haha.  Last Monday was pretty tranquillo.  We emailed and took a long nap before heading to a Family Home Evening at a member's home where we ate some delicious food.  Then on Tuesday we went to Palermo for District Meeting and did the usual meeting and meal at a place called Gancci.  It's basically a place that sells cheap fried food.  I had a fried sandwich filled with gravy, mozzarella, and ham.  I about puked and had to chuck it.  Then we came back to Trapani and had English course. Wednesday morning we had a few appointments and then we began our little holiday.  We ate a good lunch and then napped for a while.  Then we skyped our families.  It was nice seeing them after 7 months.  The next day we woke a little late and headed to a lunch appointment with a super nice family.  We swung by the DVD place to grab How to Train your Dragon 2 and Wreck-it Ralph too.  It was a nice meal of lasagna, chicken, fruit, and a dessert with ricotta and chocolate, super good.  Also, one of the ladies there told me her daughter needed to get engaged.  Then we watched the Dragon Trainer movie which was super funny or maybe I'm just not used to entertainment besides the District 1 and 2 (missionary training videos.)  The next day we watched Wreck-it Ralph which I've seen before but I still enjoyed myself very much.  Then we had a lesson with a family we recently started seeing.  We decided to teach the Restoration again with the DVD and it turned out really well.  The remote didn't have batteries, the dvd player didn't work (we used the xbox), the dog kept biting my sedere, and the phone went off right before the First Vision, but the Spirit was there and they felt it.  Pretty crazy.  The next day we had an appointment in the morning and then some finding in the evening.  We also ate some really good and quite expensive pizza (the prices weren't listed).  The next day we went to church and it rained all 3 hours hard. Then it rained the rest of the day.  After church we had a crazy good meal at a member's parents' house.  We had swordfish pasta, calamari, shrimp that we had to tear the heads and legs off of, fruit, and then fried pastries filled with ricotta and chocolate.  Then we had an appointment and did our weekly planning that we had put off.  Talk to ya next week.

Anziano Blazzard

No comments:

Post a Comment