Monday, December 8, 2014

Week 30 - Trapani, Sicily, Italy

Amici e Famiglia,

 Sicily is really killing my goal to become thinner. On Monday, we ate some chocolate and cake at an investigator's house and then went to a member appointment and were filled to uncomfortable levels with homemade calzones and pizza. The next day (still full), we headed to district meeting in Palermo and then we all went to a restaurant called Old Wild West for some good American food. The waiter kept trying to speak in English to impress us but we couldn't understand him at all because of the bad pronunciation so he would have to shamefacedly switch back into Italian... it was pretty funny. Then we proceeded to put down some decent burgers and fries with fry sauce.

 The guys from Palermo also hooked me up with a case of Mountain Dew for my bday which is long gone ormai. I'm seriously eating so much that when I wake up to do exercise in the morning I have to stop because I get sick from the pancia piena bouncing up and down. On Thursday, we had an activity with the men of the branch and we ate some salsiccia sandwiches. Also, there was an 80 year old man there that put down as much food as I did (not a particularly small amount). When they asked him if he wanted seconds, he said "Ho tanta fame," and then proceeded to stuff a sausage sandwich into his mouth spilling a ton on the floor. I was dying. Friday, we were invited for pizza.

 On Saturday, we ate a ton of free pasta. And on Sunday, it was the worst. We went to a member's parents' house for pranzo to break the fast. We started with some delicious lasagna of which I had triple portions. Then, the meat was brought out (some thinly sliced chicken fried steak.) I had triple portions again. We finished the meal with some fruit (oranges from the backyard), chocolate, and a hot barley drink (mormon coffee maybe?). At this point, you're probably thinking I am some big pig eating all the food... No, I don't even ask for more food. They just give it to me and sit back with proud looks on their faces. Missionary work this week was pretty good. One investigator may be a long lost member from Ghana who was baptized around 15 years ago. We were able to see one family this last week but the other two cancelled on us. Hopefully we will be able to see them this coming week. The following week we should receive Christmas packages at Specialized Training in Palermo. 


Have a great week! Anziano Blazzard

No comments:

Post a Comment