Monday, December 22, 2014

Week 32 - Trapani, Sicily, Italy

Cari Amici e Famiglia,

It was kind of a rainy week on the western coast of Sicily.  My shoes, which boldly declare on the soles to be waterproof, have been found to be exactly the opposite.  They seem to absorb even the tiniest amount of water to be found upon the ground.  I don't step in puddles and within minutes my feet are soaked.  I have resorted to putting plastic bags on my feet before slipping on those shoes.  The strategy lessened the wetness but my feet are pretty chilled after a day of walking.

But besides that little annoyance, it was a good week.  On Monday, we went to eat some lunch at a member's home and I ate my first spaghetti and meatballs in Italy.  Apparently that really isn't that common a dish here. On Tuesday I got another haircut and again they spent way too much time grooming and perfecting my precious blonde (they think it's blonde) hair. They also spiked my hair as if I was a 7 year old boy with gel.  I can hardly explain how I want my hair done in English so in Italian this is the general result so far for me.  We were able to teach a lesson to our investigator Ernest (He might be a long lost member from Ghana but there are no records to prove it on the church record system.)  Then we had English course.  On Wednesday we went to a training in Palermo.  On Thursday we taught a few lessons in the morning and had English course in the evening mixed with some finding on the streets.  On Friday we planned and then went to one of our investigating family's homes for a lesson/meal.  On Saturday, we cleaned the church in the morning and then did some finding and a lesson in the evening.  On Sunday, we headed to church and did a lesson and some finding in the evening.

When I say finding I mean walking on the street trying to stop people to talk about the gospel, show them the He is the Gift video on the phone, or do English course publicity.  It is pretty uncomfortable and you get thick skin after a bit.

I am very excited to see y'all on skype.  A presto!

Anziano Blazzard

No comments:

Post a Comment