Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 25 - Trapani, Sicily, Italy

Amici e Famiglia,

Mi piace Trapani molto.  La città è bella e il mio collega parla italiano bene. Anche i membri sono bravissimo.  

This week was kind of sad having to leave Ragusa and the friends I made there.  I spent the last few days visiting with them before taking off on Thursday on a bus to Catania.  In Catania, I found out that I would be traveling on the bus alone
to Palermo so I rode da solo for three hours.  It was really boring and the person behind me had sounds for every function on his phone so sleeping was difficult.  In Palermo, I met up with a zone leader and Anziano Bermudes and we went to the Elder's apartment there.  Their apartment was really cool but they lived on the 6th? floor without an elevator.  The next day we took a bus to Trapani.  When we got to the apartment, I had a freakout because of the filthiness of it so I spent a few hours trying to make it sanitary enough to live in. The worst thing was the tower of pop and water bottles in one corner.  Whyyyyy????

The companion is pretty cool.  He is originally from El Salvador but has lived in Milan for the past 8 years.  He speaks really good Italian so I am getting a lot of practice.

The area has a lot of new converts who don't come to church.  We are trying to help out with that situation but they kind of refuse to meet with us.  The members are really great though.  Yesterday in church I could barely hear myself play the piano because they sang so loudly.  They also organized a great activity for Halloween and invited a bunch of friends.  They really are committed to working hard to make some progress.

I will try to take some pictures of Trapani for next week.

Alla prossima!

Anziano Blazzard

No comments:

Post a Comment