Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 24 - Ragusa, Sicily, Italy

Amici e Famiglia,

So, I received my transfer call on Saturday from one of the assistants and I'm leaving Ragusa and heading west to take my old MTC companion Elder Trejo's spot in Trapani to be with Elder Bermudes (South American maybe who lived in Italy for some time before the mission.)  I hope I can improve my Italian being able to speak all the time with an experienced speaker.  I wanted to do another in Ragusa but I am also excited for what is to come. 

This week went by quickly.  We went down to the camp pretty often to teach our group there from Nigeria, Gambia, Cameroon, and the Ivory Coast.)  On Wednesday we took a bus to Gela and did a little exchange.  I went with Anziano Lazarte and we did a lesson and then walked the streets talking to some people.  The next morning we arose early and caught a bus back to Ragusa at 6 am.  On Friday, we had a member/investigator pranzo (lunch) and we brought another cheesecake that we made.  It went really well and Prisco really enjoyed it.  On Saturday we got the transfer calls and then later we ate some homemade pizza at a member's home.  On Sunday, our new members/investigators came to church as well as the Tidona family which was pretty nice for my last Sunday.  I gave a little departing testimony and then took a bunch of photos with members after the last meeting.  Then, we ate at the Bishop's fathers house with the Bishop's family there as well.  They made some really good breaded pork chops.  Anyways, I will take a lot of pictures in the following week in the new area and tell ya all about it.  Ciao Ciao

Anziano Blazzard

No comments:

Post a Comment