Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Cosenza - Final Days

Cari Amici e Famiglia,

We got transfer calls this week on Friday and it was a surprise because I got transferred to Caserta (near Naples) and my companion who has been here longer than me is staying. I was expecting to stay and I'm a little sad to leave all my friends here but I can't complain too much because I have been wanting to go to Caserta my entire mission.

It's near Napoli so I will be enjoying the best pizza in the world on the regular and it also has a big military base with American goods. Unfortunately my military card is expired so I might not be able to go. The area also has really good places to visit on P-days and I hear the missionary work isn't too bad too.

I will be with a missionary named Elder Bowers who just finished his second transfer. It will be a fun 5 weeks. This week was pretty good. We went to Catanzaro and did an exchange with the missionaries there. Catanzaro is a very strange city. It is awkwardly perched on a couple of mountains with some huge bridges that connect them. It was a good exchange and we taught a lot of lessons.

On Sunday, a good amount of investigators showed up.  An ex missionary who was visiting also brought some friends from the local university here and they really enjoyed church and the educational gospel classes. We capitalized and gave them book of Mormons and set up a couple of teaching appointments for the week. On Thursday I take the train to Napoli.

 Anziano Blazzard








No comments:

Post a Comment