Monday, January 18, 2016

Half Tooth

Cari Amici e Famiglia,

It was a pretty good week.  Work wise we were able to teach a good amount of lessons and we are seeing some progress.  On Friday we celebrated my comp's birthday by eating some burgers at the place where we went for my birthday.  It was pretty good the second time, too.  We also made another trip up to Castrovillari and Saracena to visit members and lessactives.  We also went really quick to the American goods store to pick up some candy.  They were out of skittles unfortunately and a lot of other stuff so we settled for a few other items including laffy taffy.  My poor companion began to eat some when he felt something hard as he chewed down.  Apparently a piece of his tooth fell off due to the high level of chewiness of the candy.  The hilarity of him missing half a tooth and the irony of his eating of candy continually were too much for me.  I was laughing so hard that I even began to cry.  Then we ate a ton of food: a solid ragù pasta, 4 or 5 large pieces of baked chicken, baked potatoes, salad, and some slices of artisan bread.  The nice members didn't want any leftovers
so we were obliged to eat and keep on eating until it hurt.  Then on Sunday the mission president and his wife came to church here in Cosenza.  Our investigator and him became instant friends so we were happy.  Afterwards we were invited to eat with some members and the mission president and I again ate a ton.  I won't burden you with all the stuff on the menu but it was good.  I was feeling pretty skinny before this weekend so this week I am going to have to double pack down on the fruits and vegetables and small portions at home.  I hope y'all are well and happy both spiritually and temporally.  Buona Settimana!

Inviato da iPad

Mission Blog with Anziano Blazzard

No comments:

Post a Comment