Monday, November 2, 2015

Concrete Evidence

Cari Amici e Famiglia,

It was a great week for us in Rome.  We were able to get a lot of work done (we will have a baptism next Sunday) and meet some new people (guy showed up in church wanting to be baptized).  On Tuesday we did a scambio (exchange) with Rome 6.  I had a younger missionary with me (2 years younger in age and new as a missionary) but he was very impressive in teaching and speaking the language.  All of our plans fell through but luckily I was able to get some other appointments scheduled.  I feel like a secretary a lot as a missionary because of all the phone calls and arrangements we make.  Talking on the phone was one thing I hated before the mission  but now I'm pretty used to it.  After the scambio I started sniffling a lot and having an itchy throat.  No it didn't get worse but unfortunately I still have a stuffy nose many days later.  I think it is due to the humidity and the temperature going up and down so much.  This week we also helped a lady mix and pour some concrete.  It was interesting to learn how to mix concrete by hand (or by shovel) but I think I will stick to calling somebody in the future to do the work.  I guess I was a little loopy from being sick and I walked on an edge of the concrete right when we finished.... Oops.

On Sunday we were invited by the American family to eat lunch at their house and so that I could access a military site with a card reader and my card.  It was pretty nice to eat some good
burgers and baked beans with American drinks bought at the base (I confiscated the Mountain Dew too).  The family is really cool.  Today we chilled and played volleyball at the beach in Ostia with some missionaries and one of our members.  I also got pooped on by a bird for the first time in my life.

Anziano Blazzard



No comments:

Post a Comment